Wednesday 17 March 2010

Photography 2 : Landscape - Getting Started

The course material, together with various booklets arrived on Monday 15th March. My reaction was to panic a bit and wish perhaps that I had made a mistake about doing this. The preparation for APEL, while following OCA guidelines had been all about me and what I had achieved in the past. My choices for that were mine and now I feel a little apprehensive, which is not uncommon for me.

However 2 days later, with all the forms filled in for OCA, BNU and contact made with my tutor, the housekeeping is done and I can read the contents. It is considerable, but when spread over a year, it is manageable. My day job is the planning for large civil engineering projects. I see no reason why I shouldn't do a bar chart for this project. It will be a good visual aid to seeing the forthcoming year and help with some forward planning of shooting for the seasonal requirement. In my industry we have a catchphrase " If you fail to plan, then you have planned to fail" So, rather than rushing off out with the camera I think some time spent reading the project and assignment briefs, thinking of known locations and how they may serve the tasks and researching some new will be time well spent. Spring is late here in Norfolk by about 4 weeks, so there is still time to photograph it.

No comments:

Post a Comment