Monday 8 August 2011

More Books

I love the moment new books arrive. The anticipation of how they will feel, their weight, the paper type and the smell of new ink. It reminds me of the smell when opening new film packs.

Although not particular to Landscape I am becoming engaged with the history of photography and how it will help my understanding of how image making has evolved and how that will influence my own work in the future.

So, two books.

Each Wild Idea by Geoffrey Batchen.

From the back cover " Batchen explores widely ranging aspects of photography, from the timing of photography's invention to the various implications of cyberculture." Batchen is Associate Professor of Art and Art History, at the University of New Mexico.


Looking at Photographs by John Szarkowski.

100 pictures from the Collection of The Museum of Modern Art, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment