Tuesday 2 February 2010

Modifications to APEL

I have reworked the APEL yet again. Two reasons for this. Firstly, I have brought it more into line with the modules I am seeking exemption and secondly, having seen the work of Sharon Kaplan. Sharon's APEL is excellent and while I don't intend to copy or plagiarise her work it has acted as guidance. In Particular I have worked on the text. My normal everyday writing skills are in a technical environment and tend to be straight to the point binary statements. Here and beyond into the course this will not be good enough and I need to work on my writing skills. I have a copy of "the arts - Good study Guide" by The OU and I am finding the chapters on writing skills to be particularly useful.

I have revisited the photographs and resized. They were too big and cut and paste into a word document wasn't working, so now I have real sized them for the page at 300 dpi and have the larger size files if I need them.

In addition I am revisiting my entire back portfolio to ensure that my best work is included in the application.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nigel,

    Wow, thanks for the compliment! I'm glad my APEL has been of some use for someone else :-)

    My offer still stands, if you'd like to chat at any stage, you have my email address.

    Hope it all goes well and looking forward to having you on the courses with us soon.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete